Sisters of St. Joseph's Congregation
house

The St. Josephs Congregation (SJC) was founded on July 3, 1928 in Kaipuzha in the Archdiocese of Kottayam, by the Servant of God Poothathil Thommiachan with the approval of the then Bishop Mar Alexander Choolapparambil. Fr. Thomas Poothathil, in his great desire to give shelter to the physically handicapped women, raised funds through local collection and helps from abroad. He purchased a plot of land by the side of St. George Forane Church, Kaipuzha, and started the St. Thomas Asylum which was blessed on May 3, 1925 by Bishop Mar Alexander Choolapparmbil.

With the opening of St.Thomas Asylum he felt the need of a small number of committed women to take care of the disabled therein. In view of that he asked perm...

more
founder
Founder - Servant of God
Thomas Poothathil
founder
Superior General
Sr.Saumy SJC
founder
NEWS & EVENTS
Inauguration of Navathi Year

The inauguration of Navathi year held on 3rd July at 9.30am at St.Joseph’s Convent chapel, Kaipuzha. The Navathi year inaugurated by lighted ...

more
VIDEOS
Site Developed By SMCIM